The Vinny Awards Show is moved to 1981 Terminal Way, Reno, NV 89502, the SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Reno Airport, conference center. Exit 580 at either Villanova or Plumb Ave (google may still call it the Airport Plaza Hotel).
(Still on April 25th at 7PM)
Ambassador member; a new, higher-level of Membership just approved by the board of directors – for 2019. Our organization’s highest-level. As you’d expect, Ambassador members receive special benefits. When you renew at the Ambassador level, in addition to the one-year of Membership at this higher level, you’ll be receive many freebies and be recognized throughout the upcoming year as an Important Member of NV&W.
Ambassador Level Benefits Include:
- Free admission to our Regular Wine Tastings and new Educational Get-Togethers
- Special Ambassador pricing for events, such as our Valentines Tasting, and the Tour de Vines Tour & Celebration
- Access to member only discounts, educational resources, and programs
- Special member only events
Vinny Awards Show
Have Some Fun, and Laughter, and Enjoy a Tribute to Great Nevada Wine
❖ The Vinny Awards are a celebration of Nevada wine and the people who produce it – from the folks making wine in their basements – to the growing ranks of Nevadans operating commercial wineries.
❖ The Vinny Awards show is also a fundraiser for Nevada Vines & Wines to perform its mission. The mission includes boosting wine and viticulture as a source of economic development in our state.
❖ Your ticket purchase also helps fund community education and supports Nevada Vines & Wines’ Wine Academy, a 12-month hands-on class where viticulture and enology are taught.
❖ You’ll enjoy an amazing evening with fellow Nevadans who love good wine and care about helping Nevada’s newest industry succeed – while at the same time – taste some of the winning wines.
Start Your Own Vineyard
Educational Workshop & Wine Tasting
March 21st, 6 PM at American Legion Building, 730 4th St, Sparks
The first of three educational workshops planned for 2019 is focused on the basics of starting your own backyard vineyard. On March 21st at the American Legion Building in Sparks we will present the basic information for a homeowner to plan and start a small home vineyard. We will have a panel of three vintners; one with a large commercial vineyard, one with a medium home vineyard and one with a small home vineyard. The panel will try to answer all of your questions during the presentation and then there will be plenty of time to get one-on-one advice from our panel members. You will be able to download the presentation and you will be able to participate in bare root vines bulk order for delivery later in the spring. (charge covers wine, snacks and facility fee)
- Ambassador Members attend for free ($0)
- Single Members attend for $10 (or free ($0) with one or more non-member guests)
- Household Members attend for $15 (or free with two or more non-member guests)
- Non-member individual $15 (full amount of the tasting will be applied to membership dues if joining at that tasting)
- Non-member couples $25 (full amount of the tasting will be applied to membership dues if joining at that tasting)
2019 Winemaker Competition
For 2019 we have made several big changes to our wine competition. We have added Nevada Commercial Wines Category and we have initiated an Awards Show.