February 26th (rescheduled date)
A special Australian wine tasting event accompanied by savory bites Prepared by Chef Uriel, Hidden Valley Country Club
Presented by NV&W
Speaker: Stuart Michell
This is your Invitation . . .
. . . to travel to the famous wine regions of NSW, Victoria and South Australia without spending 13+ hours in a plane, several weeks (to do it right) and several thousand dollars. In 2 hours, Stuart will “transport us there” with a picturesque PowerPoint as his backdrop while he presents 4 classic Aussie wines accompanied by savory bites prepared by Chef Uriel at the Hidden Valley Country Club (our new location).
Seating is very limited (if you signed up before and haven’t told us you are coming to the new date, please confirm or cancel. If you didn’t RSVP before and would like to come check the RSVP page. If there are not any seats and you would like to be on the waitlist, call us and leave your name, email and number of seats.)
2019 Winemaker Competition
For 2019 we have made several big changes to our wine competition. We have added Nevada Commercial Wines Category and we have initiated an Awards Show.
Ambassador member; a new, higher-level of Membership just approved by the board of directors – for 2019. Our organization’s highest-level. As you’d expect, Ambassador members receive special benefits. When you renew at the Ambassador level, in addition to the one-year of Membership at this higher level, you’ll be receive many freebies and be recognized throughout the upcoming year as an Important Member of NV&W.
Ambassador Level Benefits Include:
- Free admission to our Regular Wine Tastings and new Educational Get-Togethers
- Special Ambassador pricing for events, such as our Valentines Tasting, and the Tour de Vines Tour & Celebration
- Access to member only discounts, educational resources, and programs
- Special member only events
The Nevada Wine Academy will continue for a third year, and NV&W is proud to continue to sponsor them, as it supports our mission “to educate and promote viticulture and wine production in Nevada”.
Joe demonstrates the crusher/de-stimmer. He says the 2018 years class was bigger than the first year and that he originally didn’t originally plan a class for 2019, but the demand was so great he decided to continue it for at least one more year. This is a basic 101 class on both viticulture and enology, but he also said there is a possibility to have a few extra advanced sessions this year on enology (winemaking) for alumni. The class is held once a month for 11 months, and all participants must be members of NV&W, or join when they begin classes. See the web site for class schedule and instruction.
The Party is December 8th
Be sure to join us for our Annual Holiday Party and last Fund Raising event of the year on Sat. Dec 8th, 6 PM at the beautiful Caughlin House, 3636 Mayberry Drive, Reno. We dare anybody to find a location better decorated for the holidays than the Caughlin House
• The donation is $25 per person.
• We will provide the PRIME RIB, but please bring your favorite holiday dish to share (with recipe to add to our cook book) and a bottle of wine to go with it.
• This event has a hard cutoff of 50 people because of the space, so RSVP and pay early (if you RSVP and later find you can’t make it please cancel, so others may attend). Cancel your RSVP Here We’ll open this to non-members on Friday, so decide by then if you are coming.
If you experience difficulties with RSVP or paying please call 775-629-6648 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Board of Directors NV&W