Here are a few tips to help bring home the ribbons at the 4th annual Nevada Vines and Wines Homemade Wine Competition. First and foremost read the rules of the competition and know when...
Tax Deductible Annual Membership
By PayPal or Credit Card
nevada vineyards, wineries, ect
- December marks 84 years since the end of Prohibition December 10, 2017The Prohibition amendment prohibited the “manufacture, sale, or transportation of intoxicating liquors.” This is the anniversary of its repeal. Americans the are to make, sell, transport (and consume) alcohol. Reason Magazine celebrates, but also points out that prohibition is alive and well in many states — from the nation’s 200 dry counties, to bans on […]
- Not interested in the business, Pellegrini has passion and a great harvest party December 10, 2017At Yerington’s Pellegrini vineyard, a retired science teacher grows grapes for the pleasure of working with plants, and makes wine for the love of chemistry. Click headline for full story.
- Amador Vintners’s Big Crush October 3, 2017Winemaking in Amador county dates back to the California Gold Rush, and the local fall harvest festivals date back decades. But the Great Crush as it exists today is celebrating its 25th year. This weekend’s Great Crush will feature 41 wineries and welcome 4,000 guests. Click headline for full story.
FUTURE OF NEVADA WINE
There is some great news coming out of the Legislature and State House. AB NO. 431, allows up to four wineries to operate according to Federal Regulation on the same premises.
See the full story on our Blog Page
Because of cheaper and cheaper wines the smaller wineries will need to continue to rely on tourism and direct-to-consumer sales, from the tasting room or through mail order.
By Brit Karlsson: BKWine
Washoe County has passed the county ordnance implementing the 2015 legislation that expanse wine production in Nevada
- Bruno Paillard On Going Organic In Champagne December 6, 2017
- Following in the Footsteps of Romans: Netzl making organic wine in Carnuntum December 1, 2017
- Dimitri Brečević is making natural wine in Istria, Croatia November 30, 2017
- IGP Pays d’Oc celebrates 30 year anniversary December 11, 2017
- Phenomenal 2017 vintage in California December 9, 2017
- New appellations in Burgundy: Vézelay and Côte d’Or December 8, 2017
- “A fantastic tour. I would never travel with anyone else on a wine tour” December 1, 2017
- The Tale Of One Vineyard November 3, 2017
- Assessing The Risk That Napa and Sonoma Fires Pose For Smoke Taint October 26, 2017
- Everyone In Napa and Sonoma Has A Fire Story October 11, 2017