Tax Deductible Annual Membership
By PayPal or Credit Card
- NV&W Home Winemakers Award Reception
- May 17, 2018
- NV&W Monthly Tasting with Mark Henry of Montoliva Vineyard and Winery
- June 21, 2018
nevada vineyards, wineries, ect
- Time’s Running Out to Enter the 2018 Nevada Vines & Wines Homemade Wine Competition April 3, 2018Time’s Running Out to Enter the 2018 Nevada Vines & Wines Homemade Wine Competition Professional judging gives you feedback that could help improve your craft. You also get bragging rights, and a ribbon to show your friends. (Like Jan Senini, below, right, whose team took the Gold last year with their 2014 Tempranillo.) Awards ceremony on May 17, […]
- New Reno Eatery Planned for Long-Empty Space April 2, 2018A new restaurant will inhabit the long-empty space where a convenience store once operated at Skyline and Cashill in Reno. Construction on the Skyline Kitchen & Vine is expected to be complete in May, according to the project's developer. Click headline for full story.
- Wine Academy Kicks Off Strong Second Year April 2, 2018Northern Nevada's wine academy started its second year with 25 students. Co-Founder Joe Bernardo has tweaked the curriculum, and added a new vineyard where students will get hands-on experience tending grapes. Click headline for full story.
FUTURE OF NEVADA WINE
There is some great news coming out of the Legislature and State House. AB NO. 431, allows up to four wineries to operate according to Federal Regulation on the same premises.
See the full story on our Blog Page
Because of cheaper and cheaper wines the smaller wineries will need to continue to rely on tourism and direct-to-consumer sales, from the tasting room or through mail order.
By Brit Karlsson: BKWine
Washoe County has passed the county ordnance implementing the 2015 legislation that expanse wine production in Nevada
- Château de Haute-Serre Is Helping French Malbec Make A Comeback April 23, 2018
- Bura Mrgudić Winery Crafting Natural Wine In Croatia February 5, 2018
- Making Wine on The Niagara Escarpment Arrowhead Spring and Robin Ross January 19, 2018
- Brunello di Montalcino 2013, a classic year to wait for; the anteprima report April 11, 2018
- Wine Mechanics, Gothenburg’s first urban winery opens on April 18! April 10, 2018
- Vino Nobile anteprima: New vintages of Vino Nobile di Montepulciano April 8, 2018
- Anteprima in Tuscany: Chianti Classico Collection 2018 April 7, 2018
- The Tale Of One Vineyard November 3, 2017
- Assessing The Risk That Napa and Sonoma Fires Pose For Smoke Taint October 26, 2017
- Everyone In Napa and Sonoma Has A Fire Story October 11, 2017