Tax Deductible Annual Membership
By PayPal or Credit Card
- • NV&W General Membership Meeting and Wine Tasting
- November 16, 2017
- NV&W Holiday Celebration
- December 16, 2017
- NV&W Monthly Tasting
- January 18, 2018
nevada vineyards, wineries, ect
- Ferrari-Carano Mourns Patriarch October 9, 2017Ferrari-Carano Vineyards & Winery mourns the passing of Don Carano, winery founder and a Nevada powerhouse in business and law. Read the winery’s obituary and salute to his life and business success here.
- Amador Vintners’s Big Crush October 3, 2017Winemaking in Amador county dates back to the California Gold Rush, and the local fall harvest festivals date back decades. But the Great Crush as it exists today is celebrating its 25th year. This weekend’s Great Crush will feature 41 wineries and welcome 4,000 guests. Click headline for full story.
- Reno Wine Lovers Wince at Sight of Neglected Vineyard September 26, 2017More than one member of Washoe County’s wine community has spotted the dying vines at the foot of Windy Hill. They’re noticeably brown and withered, even from a passing car. On closer inspection, there are some beautiful grapes hiding beneath the overgrowth. Click headline for full story.
- State of the Industry 2017: If Nevada’s Wine Glass is Half-Full, What Would Fill It? September 20, 2017As 2017 harvest draws to a close, GBN asked some of the state's wine insiders, “If Nevada’s wine glass is half full, what would fill it?” It depends who you ask. Nobody disputes the need for more home grown grapes, but several major disagreements are sure to linger without easy resolution. What's left to kick […]
FUTURE OF NEVADA WINE
There is some great news coming out of the Legislature and State House. AB NO. 431, allows up to four wineries to operate according to Federal Regulation on the same premises.
See the full story on our Blog Page
Because of cheaper and cheaper wines the smaller wineries will need to continue to rely on tourism and direct-to-consumer sales, from the tasting room or through mail order.
By Brit Karlsson: BKWine
Washoe County has passed the county ordnance implementing the 2015 legislation that expanse wine production in Nevada
- Di Legami: Stylish Sicilian Wine With Organic Native Grapes September 22, 2017
- Ivica Matošević On The Majesty of Istrian Malvasia September 15, 2017
- Fattoria Sardi Is Putting Italian Rosé On The Map August 25, 2017
- New wine importers in Sweden again, Pompette, Kaffak et al October 19, 2017
- Three Piedmont wines from Ferdinando Principiano October 17, 2017
- Swedish team wins Blind Tasting World Championship October 16, 2017
- “An amazing wine tour to Bordeaux” October 13, 2017
- Everyone In Napa and Sonoma Has A Fire Story October 11, 2017
- Is Rutherford Still The Center of The Earth In California Wine? October 4, 2017
- Napa Valley Appellations Are Meaningless September 14, 2017